Tuesday, June 29, 2010

 

Dreaming of Cat Stevens...

As is often the case it seems that my steps have been "pre-ordained" in a strange way.  As many of you know I do believe that God is working in and through us even when we sleep.  My dreams last night we of the correcting variety and told me in His symblic way that I was to continue to write the stories given to me via this site (I don't even know if anyone reads it...).  The dream ended with "Cat Stevens" singles being in a pile of information I was diseminate to various military bases.  There is much more to the dream but I'll end it there and keep this theme for now.  So in my travels this morning, not thinking of Cat Stevens, a song came on my IPod, "Thinking about you" by Yusuf Islam, formerly Cat Stevens (real name: Steven Demetre Georgiou).  The song sparked my heart and I listened to it 3 times. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwQvcOSuGI

When I hold your hand,

I could fly a zillion miles with you.
When I see your grace,
I can see you're God's words come true.
Every little bird above the haze,
And fish beneath the waves,
Knows about you...

Wouldn't they do.

When I see your eyes,
I can see rainbows in the sky.
Being with you,
All who parted reunite.
Every little pearl drop in the clouds,
And stones beneath the ground,
Are waiting for you...

Wouldn't they do.

Whatever you say
Lightens up the burden of the day.
Whatever you do
Makes us ever want to follow you.

Whatever they say,
Whatever they do,
I'll always love you.

Every burning comet that zooms,
And angels too,
Think about you...
Wouldn't they do.

Thinkin' bout you,
I could climb a mountain in the dark.
Listenin' to you,
Flowers dance in the park.

Whatever they say,
Whatever they do,
We'll always love you.

The words that you say,
Lightens up the burdens of the day.
Whatever you do,
Makes us want to follow you.

Whatever they say,
Whatever they do,
I'll always love you.


As with so much music I believe this very song is a love song to and about Jesus, written by the Spirit of God.   And I would sing it and think about Him.  Now many would say how could that be, He (Yusuf) is a muslim.  They don't know Jesus as we "Christians" do.  I remember a part of "The Last Battle" written by CS Lewis.  Which could very much be written as a prophetic book pointing toward the end of the age and the great battle beween Good (Jesus) "Aslan" and Evil (Satan) "Tash".  There is a young man who served in the army of Tash and in the end he ends up in "Heaven" with Aslan.  From Pages 204-206, "The Last Battle", this young man, a servant of Tash is speaking with the others of how he got there:

"Then I looked about me and saw the sky and the wide lands and smelled the sweetness.  And I said By the Gods, this is a pleasant place: it may be that I have come to the country of Tash.  And I began to journey into the strange country to seek him.

"So I went over much grass and many flowers and among all kinds of wholesome and delectible trees til lo!  in a narrow place between two rocks there came to meet me a great Lion.  The speed of which was like the ostrich and his size was an elephant's; his hair was like pure gold and the brightness of his eyes like gold that is lquid in the furnace.  He was more terrible that the flaming mountain of Lagour, and in beauty he surpassed all that is in the world even as the rose in bloom supasses the dust of the desert.  Then I fell at his feet and thought, surely this is the hour of death, for the Lion (who is worthy of all honor) will know that I have served Tash all my days and not him.  Nevertheless it is better to see the Lion and die than to be Tisroc of the world and live and not to have seen him.  But the Glorious One bent down his head and touched my forehead with his tounge and said, Son, Thou art welcome.  But I said, Alas, Lord, I am no son of thine but the servant of Tash.  He answered, Child, All the service thou has done to Tash, I account as service done to me.  Then by reasons of my great desire for wisdom and understanding, I overcame my fear and questioned the Glorious One and said, Lord, is it true as the Ape said, that thou and Tash are one?  The Lion growled so that the earth shook (but his wrath was not against me) and said, It is false.  Not because he and I are one but because we are opposites, I take for me the services which thou has done for him.  For I and he are of such different kinds that no service which is vile can be done to me, and none which is not vile can be done to him.  Therefore in any man swear by Tash and keep his oath for the oath's sake, it is by me that he has truly sworn, though he know it not, and it is I who reward him.  And if any man do a cruelty in my name, then, though he says the name Aslan, it is Tash that he serves and by Tash his deed is acepted.  Dost thou understand, Child?  I said, Lord, thou knowest how much I understand.  But I said also (for the truth constrained me), yet I have been seeking Tash all my days.  Beloved, said the Glorious One, unless thy desire had been for me, thou wouldst not have sought so long and so truly.  For all find what they seek.

"Then he breathes upon me and took away the trembling from my limbs and caused me to stand upon my feet.  And after that he said not much but that we should meet again, and I must go futher up and further in.  Then he turned him about in a flurry of gold and was gone suddenly.  - from pages 204-206 "The Last Battle", by CS Lewis

So for me, no matter what your "religion" is, or what your words are, it the fruit and the actions that matter.  Labels mean nothing, it's the Life that matters...



"Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them. "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

(Mat 7:15-23)


Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.

(Php 4:8)

This is a work in progress...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?